Monday, January 22, 2007

Theme Song

I have always had a fondness for Do Wah Diddy by Manfred Mann. One of my very earliest memories is riding in the back of my uncle's Austin Healey Sprite over mountains in North Wales, singing along with the chorus.

JP and Tiddler, have also developed the same fondness for the song and are gradually converting the rest of Mixed Infants. It's their first choice on Singstar - and also for singing in the back of the car - my car at least. In Mr. Duck's, it's Green Day and Blink 182. Seeing them headbanging and playing air guitar to American Idiot, makes me reach instantly for Simon and Garfunkel and a kaftan.

Today, moving swiftly on to the point of the post, I checked out a site showing what was #1 on a given date and it turns out Do Wah Diddy was top of the charts on the day I was born.

'Aha! That explains it'. I thought.

I'll let you know when I figure out exactly what...