Thursday, February 08, 2007

Possessed II -

Do not adjust your set - you have not wandered aimlessly into an old post.

The demon has returned.

Neighbour One knocked on yesterday evening to inform me that when he went outside to defrost his car at 5.45am, my car engine was running with no-one in attendance. Given last year's icy theft, he thought this was strange, and doubly so as our house was still shrouded in darkness. He went back inside his own house and exited 20 minutes later to go to work. The car engine had stopped. The car was still completely covered in frost....

The breathalyser result being negative, I considered my options:

1. Send immediately for an ambulance and break the news to Mrs. Neighbour One that he's as mad as an egg, thus jeopardising a long friendship.

2. Lie and say yes, I am the kind of idiot who would leave a car running, when it's taken nearly a year to resolve the theft of the last one - but neighbourly relations remain intact.

3. Promise to ring Renault and ask if there are any circumstances under which the car could decide, under its own steam that it's a nippy morning and things would be a lot more comfortable under the bonnet if the engine was warm.

Mmm.


Update - I shall be taking my car purchasing business elsewhere in future.


Further Update - Spencer is still safely buried in the garden.